The exact appearance of an unholy symbol depends on the cleric’s faith. However, some unholy symbols are more than they first appear.
Use the table below, to generate a special characteristic for unholy symbol in questions:
- This unholy symbol has a secret compartment; it contains a single platinum piece wrapped in scraps of cloth so that it does not rattle.
- This holy symbol has a secret compartment; it contains scraps of bone and hair—remnants of a great hero of the faith. The owner believed they imbued the symbol with extra power.
- This steel unholy symbol has one particularly sharp edge; close examination reveals dried blood smeared over the metal edge.
- This holy symbol has several spikes. Close examination reveals a hidden compartment inside designed to hold poison which affects anyone stabbed or cut with the spikes. The compartment can hold two doses of poison.
- This unholy symbol at first appears to be made of silver; however, it is obviously too light to be solid silver; it is actually a wooden covered in silver paint and is essentially worthless.
- This unholy symbol is very old; the finer details have been worn smooth by time and the symbol is in poor repair.
- This large, heavy symbol is made of some kind of dense, dark grey metal; it resists damage but has a long crack down one edge. The symbol was once the phylactery of a power lich in the service of the same dark power; if it was to be repaired, it is possible the lich could return to unlife.
- This metal unholy symbol comprises the melted down remains of several holy symbols; some of their details yet remain. Observant PCs can make out several different good-aligned defaced symbols on its surface.
- Large and unwieldy, this unholy symbol is sized for a giant. Clips allow the symbol to be “opened” and the whole to be worn as a necklace (or collar).
- This unholy symbol hangs from a particularly long chain that allows it to be worn at navel height. Some of the chain’s links are particularly worn.
- All That Glimmers: Packed with loads of unique treasures ready for your campaign, All That Glimmers is an essential part of a GM’s tool kit!
If you’d like to support Raging Swan Press, please join our Patreon campaign. Pledge what you want. Cancel when you want. Get cheap books. Even a $1 pledge is epic and helps us pay our freelancers a decent rate!