Brave adventurers are always poking around in abandoned temples. Whether they are cleansing the taint of a dark power from a temple’s holy precincts or exploring a shrine dedicated to a now forgotten power, they always hope to find hidden or lost treasures.
Use this table, to generate details of treasures the PCs find in the abandoned temple. Reroll inappropriate results.
- A golden longsword rests atop an obsidian altar. The hilt is engraved with strange runes.
- A saintly marble statue gently weeps tears of crystal clear water. If collected, these tears can cure poisons and disease.
- A pile of discarded clothes lies before a crude stone table. Hidden beneath them is a mithral sacrificial dagger covered in dried blood.
- Seven stone pillars tower inside this room, each with a holy meteorite resting atop it. One of the meteorites contains raw adamantine ore.
- Clay pots sealed with wax line the shelves of this room. Each contains a supply of rare and fragrant incense.
- An animated dwarven statue monotonously hammers an anvil in this stone chapel. Mundane weapons struck by the dwarf’s hammer become enchanted for one hour.
- This room glitters with gold, silver and copper. Thousands of coins hang from the ceiling by thin pieces of string.
- The discarded skin of a massive snake is curled up in this room. Instead of normal skin, this delicate husk is composed of gold leaf.
- Four almsgiving bowls rest atop a simple wooden table. Each bowl contains a few coins.
- A priestly mask shaped into the image of a goat hangs above a small shrine. The horns of the mask are studded with gems.
- Dozens of statuettes carved into images of different animals litter this room. Several are crafted from ivory.
- Twelve skeletal priests lie upon stone slabs in this room. Each has an opal gem inside its mouth and a dagger plunged into its breast.
- An empty suit of ornate full plate armour kneels before a shrine. If touched in any way, the suit collapses into a pile on the floor.
- A severed hand lies half-buried in the ashes of a brazier. It still has a golden ring on its finger.
- Silken banners depicting a pantheon of lost gods hang from the ceiling of this room.
- A giant clam slumbers in this temple reflecting pool. When all is quiet, it opens its mouth to reveal an enormous pearl.
- Canopic jars with gold filigree are arranged in a circle around a sarcophagus.
- A gem-encrusted sceptre is embedded into the stone floor of the room. Only an individual without avarice in her heart can draw it from the stone.
- A dead rogue lies amid a pile of scattered temple coins. The stains of a purple poison still mark his lips.
- A six-armed statue towers over this room. Three of its hands clutch human skulls and three clutch gems.
Subscribe & Save