There are many reasons to visit a seedy tavern: detective work, rumourmongering, looking for work or simply to soothe a parched throat. But a tavern without denizens is hardly a bar at all.
Use the table below, to generate details of who the PCs encounter in a seedy tavern:
- Quobbis Quibble (LN male gnome): A fat gnome with buck teeth fidgets in supreme discomfort as he looks around the room. Judging by his fine clothes, he shouldn’t be within a hundred yards of this establishment.
- Sibolen Itali (N male elf): A drunk elf with long black hair crawls on the floor, searching for something he has lost (his wedding band).
- Ginger Greybeard (CN male dwarf): A deeply tanned and extremely boisterous dwarf mocks his opponent, then swigs another mug of beer in a drinking contest. The amber liquid bubbles in his beard.
- Urul (NE female orc): Two sharp tusks protrude from the hood of a figure in a shadowy corner; investigations reveal the individual to be an orc!
- Cham (CE female halfling rogue 3): A young halfling relieves a very drunk patron of his coin purse before retreating under a table to inspect his prize.
- Petrera Malice (LE female human): A tall woman in black leather armour sits at attention. She refuses a drink from the server, and keeps a hand on her longsword.
- Gullun (CN male halfling): A halfing at the counter produces acrid smoke from a yellow pipe. His eyes are haunted and distant, his body paralyzed in remembrance.
- Kayvan Lorrick (CG male half-elf wizard 2): A drunk half-elf summons and dispels light morosely at his table. Every few moments, his hand goes to a bruise on his face.
- Gerard Burnheap (CE male half-orc fighter 3): A half-orc downs mug after mug in angry determination. His muscles are alive with malcontent, and he looks around the room for someone to fight.
- Yorik Greygal (CN male dwarf): A very short dwarf slumps passed out on his table amongst a dozen mugs. The look of serene content upon his face is enviable.
- Bayran Lorrick (CN male half-elf): An animated half-elf flirts with the female patrons of the bar. His green eyes sparkle with every laugh he procures, though the other customers look annoyed.
- Grom (NG male human): A man at least eight feet tall hunches over a table, beer stein clutched awkwardly in massive hands.
- Davian Derrows (N male human cleric 2): A cleric of the predominate local faith reviews paperwork by candlelight. He smiles graciously at the server and accepts another drink before returning to work.
- Sacha Devree (NE female gnome): A thin gnome with heterochromia has lost her left hand to a skin disease. She winces in pain through every mouthful of mead.
- Horne (LN male elf): A white haired young elf speaks quietly to a shrouded confidant. The barkeep brings out expensive liquor for the pair and refuses payment.
- Velia Omrick (CN female human): The barkeep brings out a whole roasted chicken to a child of eight or nine, who pays with a strange gold coin. The girl devours the chicken within minutes.
- Hodrin Bleakfire (CN male dwarf): A bald dwarf regales an inattentive crowd with his dragon slaying exploits. Judging by his seared armour, there may actually be truth to this story.
- Hurdle Belch (NE female halfling): A morbidly obese halfling slips in and out of consciousness as she totters in her chair, mumbling nonsense to herself.
- Filth (CN male gnome): An ancient gnome begs coppers from other customers. His pleas are answered with laughs, grunts or swats.
- Petrar Mane (LG male human paladin 1): A bright eyed young human in shining full plate looks incredibly out of place here. He listens attentively to the conversations around him and seems eager—but hesitant—to join in.
For more free content, check out our Free Resources page.
If you’d like to support Raging Swan Press, please join our Patreon campaign. Pledge what you want. Cancel when you want. Get cheap books. Even a $1 pledge is epic and helps us pay our freelancers a decent rate!
- 10 Strange Things to See Behind a Seedy Tavern’s Bar
- 20 Seedy Tavern Staff
- 20 Things to Find in a Tavern Bedchamber
- 60 Things to Eat and Drink in a Seedy Tavern
Subscribe & Save