Talented freelancers are the throbbing heart of Raging Swan Press’s success. Raging Swan Press releases a product every week, and so we’re always looking for talented designers, cartographers and artists to join our burgeoning band.
At the moment, due to the uncertainty created by Brexit I’m suspending our general open call for submissions and freelancers. I’m leaving the relevant text up below because I’m hoping this is a temporary situation which as I hurl myself into the 2017 schedule I can rescind!
Ideally, prospective freelancers are not only proficient with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, but are also skilled writers able to hit a deadline and follow a design brief.
Due to our successful Patreon campaign, we are able to offer our freelancer designers 9 cents/word for work appearing in our PDF and print releases.
At the moment, we are only looking at submissions that fit in with one of our established lines (Alternate Dungeons, Village Backdrops and so on), but if you’ve got a good idea for an instalment drop us a line.
Send Us A Sample
If you’d like to send a sample of your work, put together ONE “20 Things” style article (such as the ones found here). If we like it, we’ll publish it here on the site, pay you for it and include it in the next 20 Things Compilation. Follow these guidelines for your article:
- Format: .doc
- Word Count: 500
- Pay Rate: 9 cents a word, up to a maximum of $45, paid via PayPal on the first day of the month in which the article goes live.
- Content: The purpose of “20 Things” articles is to include cool details based around a given subject a GM can drop into his game with minimal–or no–effort. The article should fall under the general heading of Treasure, Trinkets & Trash, Dungeon Dressing, Urban Dressing or Wilderness Dressing.
- Include: Your physical address (I need this if I issue a contract) and your PayPal registered email address (I need this to pay you) along with a short Designer Bio I can include with the article if it’s published.
Quick Grammar & Writing Notes
- Oxford Comma: We do not use the Oxford comma.
- That: Normally a pointless word; if the sentence meaning doesn’t change without it, remove it.
- Will: Normally a pointless word; if the sentence meaning doesn’t change without it, remove it.
- Spelling: Use UK spelling.
Artists & Cartographers
Decent artists and cartographers are always welcome to send us links to their on-line portfolios. Note, though, the style of our products apes the old school release of yesteryear. We don’t do colour and we don’t do computer-generated art. Please don’t bother sending us these kinds of art.
I’ve created some informative blog posts for freelancers. You can read them here (and I suggest you do so if you want to work for Raging Swan Press!)