Deep within the Greyspire mountains, snugly nestled around the cascading waters of the Mistfall, a huddle of buildings cling to the mountainside. Here, a clan of displaced dwarves has made a living offering refuge to those who seek to temporarily disappear from the outside world. As long as the visitors pay the hefty fee and respect the rules of the secluded establishment, they are guaranteed absolute and unconditional sanctuary, no questions asked.
The Mistfall Refuge is virtually unreachable by mundane means and shielded against scrying and teleportation by powerful magic. Access is only available through special arrangement, and securing entry is neither easy nor cheap. But the dwarves have no trouble finding patrons willing to pay for the privilege of a discreet place to lay low for a while.
These locations are of particular interest to adventurers:
- Mountainside Entrance: A fortified gate allows access to the refuge from the narrow trail leading up the mountainside.
- Ranger Barracks: Grendalin and the mountain rangers reside here. The barracks also hold the refuge’s armoury.
- Steelhammer Clan Dwellings: The Steelhammer dwarves have expanded the original buildings to suit their own needs.
- Brehal’s Study: When not examining the runes, Brehal is usually in this cluttered chamber, either writing or sleeping.
- Averin’s Home: Averin maintains a small but comfortable apartment filled with homey decorations.
- Portal Hall: All guests enter the refuge through the teleportation portal in this hall.
- Guest Apartments: A lavishly decorated suite is available for each paying guest.
- The Misty Mug: At the Misty Mug, guests are able to enjoy food, drink and entertainment.
Most of the population are hardworking dwarves. A few, however, are of particular interest to adventurers:
- Averin Steelhammer (location 5; N male dwarf bard 7) The outward face of the clan, Averin makes all arrangements for entry and maintains a vast network of contacts. Averin is unusually courteous and friendly for a dwarf—an affect which is quickly dropped when it is time for serious business.
- Brehal Steelhammer (location 4; N male dwarf wizard [abjurer] 7) Brehal devotes every moment to studying the warding runes. He is obsessed with their power, and fully understands their importance to the clan.
- Grendalin Steelhammer (location 2; LN female dwarf ranger 6) As leader of the mountain rangers, Grendalin is responsible for keeping the Mistfall Refuge secure, but knows she would be outmatched by many of the guests’ enemies.
A Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible GM’s Resource by Jeff Gomez and Jacob Trier
Released 15 August 2016; Pages 10
Download a Free Sample The Mistral Refuge At A Glance
Download the Map Mistfall_tagged