Hidden in the dismal, swampy depths of the Salt Mire, the Mudded Manse is a well-kept secret among the wealthy and powerful, who travel here to rest and receive treatments for various afflictions. Built around a pit of bubbling mud, reputed to have miraculous cure-all powers, the secluded manse is well worth the trouble of a visit if one is afflicted with a terrible disease. Thanks to the powerful clientele frequenting the manse, a secondary trade in political information has developed, as the comfortable atmosphere encourages visitors to loosen their tongues.
Most of The Mudded Manse comprises locations of little interest to adventurers. A few locations, however, are notable:
- Main Approach: A barely visible trail leads to The Mudded Manse. A path flanked by twenty-foot-high cliffs funnels visitors through an area overseen by trained guards.
- Welcome and Mud Well: Vississi Leeai receives guests here and discusses available treatments and payment.
- Convalescents’ Wing: Visitors who have been treated for grievous maladies rest and relax here in semi-privacy.
- Private Ward: This room houses one or two guests who can afford the exorbitant fees for seclusion.
- Masseur: Despite his appearance, Xar Gort’s gentle touch removes all aches and pains.
- Mud Application: The primary draw for The Manse, this room is where experts apply health-giving mud to patrons.
- Waiting Room: Retinue of clients who are not receiving treatment wait here for their employers.
- Quarters: Most of The Manse’s staff remains on site; Vessissi ensures the comfort of her staff in this crowded room.
- Administration: Vessissi Leeai’s office and payment storage.
- The Grove: This beautiful shaded area provides respite from the surrounding swamp’s oppressive heat.
- Mud Hole: Rarely, a mud elemental escapes from the hole.
Most of the residents are nothing more than ordinary individuals. A few, however, are notable:
- Aqalarian of the Grove (location 10; NE female elf druid 10) Aqalarian tends the plants in the grove behind The Manse.
- Demben Indra (location 7; NG male halfling adept 4) Ever jolly, Demben ensures guests are comfortable.
- Pel Gort (location 1; LN female half-orc ranger 9) A no-nonsense warrior, Pel watches over the only path to The Manse.
- Sslaryss (location 3; N female lizardfolk cleric 11) Sslaryss oversees the recovery process for clients with dire illnesses.
- Vississi Leeai (location 2; NE female sylph wizard [transmuter] 11) Founder and leader of The Mudded Manse.
- Xar Gort (location 5; N male half-orc expert 7) Pel’s twin brother, Xar has served as masseuse since The Manse opened.
- Zev Kaldan (location 4; N male human bard 3/cleric 4) Zev is responsible for high-profile guests in the private ward.
Praise for The Mudded Manse
“When I started reading this, I realized the downright genius idea and its seamless integration into a fantastic context and knew I was hooked. Evocative, useful, unique – this has it all, and for a ridiculously fair price to boot.”
–Endzeitgiest (five stars + seal of approval)
Released 18 July 2016; Pages 10
Download a Free Sample The Mudded Manse At A Glance
Released 29 May 2017; Pages 10
Download a Free Sample 5e Mudded Manse at a Glance
Released 29 May 2017; Pages 10
Download a Free Sample SNE Mudded Manse at a Glance
Download the Map Muddled Manse Map
Subscribe & Save