Your PCs are deep in the dungeon and have just defeated a terrifying dragon! As they bandage their wounds, and ready their fallen friend’s bodies for return to the surface, they look around and ask “So what treasure’s in the dragon’s hoard, anyway?” At that point, unless the GM has prepared a detailed list of treasure, the PCs get (possibly) literally tons of coins and some generic magic items. (After all, most GMs have better things to do with their prep time than generate descriptions for stuff the PCs will likely sell).
Treasures & Trinkets: Treasure Hoards #3 banishes these problems by providing a veritable hoard of 25 pre-generated, richly detailed treasure hoards for challenges 11-16 ready to insert into almost any GM’s campaign.
Treasures & Trinkets: Treasure Hoards #3 is designed for use with the 5th edition of the world’s most popular roleplaying game.
Sample Treasure Hoard
- Coinage: 18,005 gp, 2,211 pp.
- Emerald: The deep, bright green colour of this rectangular cut stone draws the gaze deeper into what begins to look like a mysterious series of dark doorways in a dimly lit corridor (worth 1,000 gp; DC 15 Intelligence check identifies and values).
- Sapphires (6): Small transparent bright blue pyramids (each worth 1,000 gp; DC 15 Intelligence check identifies and values).
- Ornately Crafted Javelins (5): Five thin, straight wooden poles surmounted by steel heads patterned with labyrinthine twists of narrow bands of light and dark metal (each worth 200 gp; DC 10 Intelligence check values).
- Potion of Supreme Healing: This small metal flask contains a thick, silver fluid.
- Potion of Cloud Giant Strength: This opaque green bottle containing a pale blue liquid that smells of freshly fallen rain.
Praise for Treasure Hoards #3
“A neat resource to help you come up with interesting collections of loot rather than merely handing out coins when the party goes robbing their foes.”
–Megan R (four stars)
Released 19 September 2016; Pages 10
Download a Free Sample Treasure Hoards 3 Sample Hoards