Tired of your towns and cities being boring, bland places in which your PCs show little or no interest? Want to bring them alive with cool, interesting minor features of note? Then Urban Dressing is for you! Each instalment in the line focuses on a different kind of town and gives harried GMs the tools to bring such locales to life with interesting and noteworthy features.
This instalment of Urban Dressing presents loads of great details to customise the elven towns in your campaign. Designed to be used both during preparation or actual play, Urban Dressing: Elven Town is an invaluable addition to any GM’s armoury!
Urban Dressing: Elven Town presents the following information:
- One table (100 entries) presenting the sights and sounds of the town.
- One table (100 entries) presenting sample business found in the town.
- One table (100 entries) presenting sample folk found in the town.
- One table (12 entries) presenting hooks, complications and opportunities.
Sights & Sounds
- The morning mist seems to cling to the trees, refusing to burn off even as the day brightens.
- A group of elven hunters slip into the woods, making no noise as they navigate the underbrush.
- Elven children perched in the tree branches, silently watch the party pass by below.
- Clad in leafy garments, elven children prance around the town’s central clearing.
- An artist weaves numerous trimmed branches together to form a basket.
- Beneath the moonlight, elves form a dancing circle to worship one of their gods.
- Ethereal singing floats on the breeze, though the musicians are nowhere in sight.
- An elven druid strolls through town, a friendly bear lumbering beside her.
- A PC gets the distinct feeling a grove of trees is moving whenever he is not looking.
- A peaceful river gurgles and ripples as it winds along just outside of the town border.
- A band of elves light torches, preparing to burn a rotting tree from the forest border.
- Several elven elders impassively watch the party as they go about their business.
- As night falls, softly glowing lights wink into being in the darkness beyond the town limits.
- A stately elf wearing a crown of thorny twigs gives the party a condescending look.
- Peering up into the leafy canopy, the PCs spot platforms and homes built among the branches.
- A dozen archers stand loosing arrows at targets across a field.
- Two elves faces off, testing each other’s guard with slim duelling rapiers.
- A half-elf, obviously an outsider, looks uncomfortable as she walks through town.
- A red-bearded dwarf trails after an elf, clumsily attempting to flirt with her.
- An elven youth chuckles as he juggles at least ten stones without fumbling a single one.
Hooks, Complications & Opportunities
- Before the PCs realize what’s happening, they’re handed torches and swept up in an elven funeral.
- An elf staggers up to the party and blurts out, “I’ve been poisoned!” before dropping to his knees and vomiting all over a PC’s boots.
- A half-elf is being shunned by the full-blooded elves in town and so comes to the party for aid in seeking his long-lost parent.
- The smell of smoke fills the air moments before someone screams “Fire!” and flames begin leaping across the treetops.
- A strange mist settles over the town, muffling most noises and making it difficult to see more than a few feet in any direction.
- Every animal encountered both outside and inside the town appears sickly, and the elves do not know what is causing the illness.
Reviews for Urban Dressing: Elven Town
“Once again, Raging Swan Press has delivered a quality product to aid game masters in any fantasy roleplaying game.”
–TraingularRoom (five stars)
“…this provides inspired fluff galore…”
–Endzeitgeist (five stars + seal of approval)
“This product instantly prepares a GM to have their PCs enter an elven village…”
–Lava Child (four stars)
A Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible GM’s Resource by Josh Vogt
Released 16 April 2015; Pages 10
Download a Free Sample Elven Town Sights & Sounds